Friday, September 4, 2015

Canning Peaches with Honey

I was fortunate enough to have some yummy BC peaches delivered to me this year.  I haven't canned peaches in a couple of years and was excited to add these to our pantry again.



Instead of using the traditional syrup method, I used honey as the sweetener. My neighbour told me this is how she cans her peaches and I remember seeing her year old peaches in her pantry.  They still looked delicious.

The recipe is;

Per pint;
1 Tbsp honey
packed peaches
hot water to fill

Then process in a hot water bath. I think I did mine for 15 mins.

Because I rarely have ice in the freezer to use in the ice bath, I used a couple of ice packs in cold water. They worked great!


I saved the skins and pits to make Jalapeno Peach Jelly again.  We all love it on bagels with cream cheese. SO GOOD.  You can find the recipe here.  I just put the skins and pits in the freezer until I have time to deal with them.


Thanks for visiting!

This post is linked up to;  Stoney Acres   Happy and Blessed Home


1 comment:

  1. I love your chalk board ideas Crystal. Looks like such an creative way to recycle things that had another use at one time.
    The peaches look bright and yummy. I bet the family can hardly wait until they can open them up and eat them. I never heard of the honey method but it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete