Wednesday, March 19, 2014

An All Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner for Tough Stains

We have hard water here and our toilets have been really getting stained.  We have 3 bathrooms in our home and there is one bathroom off our mudroom that doesn't get cleaned as often as the others.  Only the male members of our family use it and it's also where our coat hooks are. So there are snowsuits and winter jackets all over the place in there. It is only about 4'x6'.

I tried cleaning the toilet with toilet bowl cleaner with bleach. Didn't even make ANY difference.  Here is the before picture after cleaning it with the cleaner.  I can't believe I'm sharing this with you. It's like when I posted about organizing my hall closet. But, when you find something that's exciting to you, you just feel compelled to share. So, here we go.


You can see the orange stains. It doesn't matter how hard I scrub with a toilet brush, they just don't come off. So I searched the internet and came to Stacy Makes Cents and she showed how she had used a pumice stone to scrub off nasty stains. She explained that pumice is softer than porcelain, so it won't scratch the surface.  I headed off to Dollar Tree and found this pumice stone in a pedicure pack.


I scrubbed and scrubbed. It took about 25 mins of scrubbing and I didn't realize how cold our well water is until I took a break. When I took off the rubber glove, my hand was completely numb!

Here is what it looks like now.


So much better!  If winter would ever end, we could put away the snowsuits and actually enjoy this bathroom.

This post is linked up to Thrifty Thursdays Hope in Every Season

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful! Articles, Amazing!
    Toilet cleaner is very important issue for our daily needs.Natural cleaning product is perfect for for kitchen, bathroom and also floor cleaning.

    ReplyDelete