Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bacon and Mushroom Spaghetti Squash Alfredo

I have been watching what I eat for the last 3 months now and belive it or not, this recipe is "on plan" for me. I made it using the "Friendliest Squash" that you can read about here.          


Bacon and Mushroom Spaghetti Squash Alfredo


Ingredients for crust;

1 spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded.  I poke holes in my squash, place in a pan and bake at 350 for an hour.
1 egg
1/2 c parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper

Mix together and press into a buttered pie plate or cake pan.  Out of a 2 lb squash, I made an 8" and 6" crust.
Bake at 400 for 15 mins.

In the meantime fry in 1 Tbsp butter;

3 slices of bacon, chopped
1 chicken breast, chopped (I used a cooked chicken breast and I only added it because I had it on hand, but I wasn't planning on adding chicken)
1/2 chopped onion
10 sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper

When crust is done, spread fried mixture over and cover with about 1 cup of store bought or home made Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over and bake at 350 for 15 mins.


This was really so, so , so good!  I couldn't even tell it was made out of spaghetti squash.  It tasted like pasta.  I only have 3 squashes left and I think I will only make this recipe with them all.


This post is linked up to;  Hope in Every Season

















1 comment:

  1. Oh yummy! My family loves mushrooms and alfredo. I need to try this!!

    ReplyDelete